Shiroabhyanga (Head Massage)
The term ‘shiras’ refers to ‘head’ and ‘abhyanga’ refers to ‘massage’. This is a procedure where the head massage is done with specific medicated oil for a particular period of time.
Duration of treatment: 15-30 minutes
- Promotes sound sleep
- Helps in balancing the aggravated vata and pitta Dosha
- Rejuvenates the hair follicles
- Effective remedy for dandruff, hairfall, dry hair etc.
- Reduces burning sensation of scalp
- Improves the sensory functions
- Cooling to the eyes
- Headache (vata and pitta origin)
- Pre-mature graying & hair loss
- Profoundly soothing and relaxing