Proficiency in Ayurveda
Ayurveda course offered in Ayurveda Gurukulam
The diploma courses and certificate programs give a brief knowledge about the science and philosophy of Ayurvedic medicine. This program at the center gives on hand practical training in relevant Ayurvedic therapies and Kerala special therapies.
The Ayurveda training program at the school aims at providing theoretical and practical knowledge of relevant Ayurvedic therapies, concepts, and principles within a short duration.
Duration: 12 days /60 hrs
- Introduction to Ayurveda-(Ayurveda parichaya) History, definition, Branches of Ayurveda, classical texts, Five elements (panchabuta)
- Ayurvedic Physiology (Dosha, Dhatu, Malas), Detailed description of Tri doshas, Seven physical structures (dhatus),Natural wastes and their functions (malas), Biological fire (agni), Metabolic error (ama)
- Ayurvedic Nutrition (AharaVigyan)- Basic Dietetics, Dietetics according to constitution
- Body constitution (prakriti )- How to analyze prakriti, characteristic features of each constitution, Dos and Dont’s according to constitution
- Daily Regimen & Seasonal Regimen,
- Relaxation techniques
- Management of Obesity
- Basic pharmacology & preparations,
- Therapeutic procedures (Kriyakramas)
Practical training of selected Ayurvedic therapies
- Egg kizhi
- Face Massage
- Head Massage
On hand training in the human body will also be given to each student for their practical learning. Study materials for theory and practical sessions, DVD for the demonstrations, Starter kit-Medicines, Equipments, Guidance for Shopping and weekend leisure trips, Internet, WiFi, etc are provided for the students. Students will be provided with a certificate issued by Ayurveda Gurukulam after the successful completion of the course.