BABY CARE IN AYURVEDA
The health of a baby starts in the mother’s womb. The pregnant lady should follow some principles to give birth to a healthy baby. Ayurveda clearly describes what should be the procedures.
Three age classifications are there in Ayurveada:
- Ksheerapa – Children up to age one. In that period breast milk is the only preferable food.
- Ksheerannada – Children from age one to age two. In that period in addition to breast milk semisolid food can also be preferable.
- Annada – In this classification of children can take solid food as their main food.
A new born baby must get the colostrum (yellow color milk at the beginning stage of the feeding). Brest feeding has an important role in maintaining the health of the child. There is a lot of Ayurvedic herb which increases the lactating of mother.
Another thing that should give more concentration is the bathing of baby. Using of aromatic herbs in the water that is to be used for bathing. Some oils that is used for massaging of a new born baby are Nalpamaraadi Keram(body), Lakshadi Keram(head), Eladi Keram(body and head) etc. And after the bath Rasnadi choornam must be applied to bregma of the child.
Home remedies for some common health problems:
- Cold- A pinch of ginger, honey and lemon juice, mixed it with warm water.
- Fever- Boil Kirattikta and dhania in water and given to the child.
- Constipation- Dry black raisins socked in water and give that water in early morning.
- Abdominal pain- Take small amount of jeera and black salt powder and boil it. Filter it and give it to your child.
- Vomiting-Mix yashtimadhu powder with elaichi powder and give with ginger and lime water.
- Worms-Boil vidanga seeds with milk and give it to your child.